Monday, June 11, 2012

Sherrie and I will be doing the Ironman New York City in August followed by Ironman Florida in November. This will be the story of our journey leading up to the two races consisting of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run.

We race for Team IronMac in honor of Mac Crutchfield, who tragically died while playing in a downpour near his house. To learn more about Mac go to www.maccrutchfieldswimstrong.memory-of.com.

My connection to Mac is probably that I will always want to think and act with my 12 year-old boy brain.

May I Always Be A 12 Year-Old Boy


I hope that I will always remember what it is to be 12.

I hope that I will always love to play in the rain.

I hope that I will always want to ride a bike downhill as fast as I can.

I hope that I will always forget that if you drink an Icee too fast you get a brain freeze.

I hope I will always want to eat dessert first.

I hope that I will always believe that somehow I will still make it to the Olympics.

I hope that I will always jump off the couch when my team makes a diving catch for a touchdown.

I hope that I will never be afraid to ask the socially unacceptable questions.

I hope that I will always believe right is right but still want to play with you when you make a mistake.

I hope I will always get butterflies in my stomach around pretty girls.

I hope I will always believe that cheering for a friend helps them perform better.

I hope I will always know that my mother will be their to comfort me.

I hope that I wlll always be proud when someone tells me that I am just like my dad.

I hope that I will always want to talk with my sister even when she is getting on my last nerve.

I hope that I will always remember what it is to be 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment